In version 4.4 we’ve made some adjustments to the English iPhone layout. Please let us know your feedback, thanks.Dataweaver commented
The vast majority of the punctuation symbols are available without using either shift or opt, by holding certain keys:
• holding 4/$ gives you an assortment of currency symbols
• holding '/" gives you an assortment of quotes and apostrophes
• holding //? gives you an assortment of punctuation marks
• holding 8/* gives you an assortment of footnote marks: †, ‡, §
• holding -/_ gives an assortment of hyphens.
For the most part, the current approach works well: commonly used characters are available from the main keyboard without the need to use opt, and often without needing shift; and less common characters are available via the opt keyboard. If you replace anything on the opt keyboard with something more commonly used, please move the replaced character to a popup somewhere. For example, if you choose to retask the opt-5 key, you should move ∞ elsewhere (like, say, to the 0 key’s popup).
1 voteDataweaver shared this idea ·