How can we make PadKeys better?

Arrow Keys: ALL of them! ▲▼◄ ► ↑ ↓ ← →

I really wonder: why doesn’t anyone of the keyboard app producers implement a full set of arrow keys? I can’t believe I’m the only person in the world who misses this.

Please PadKeys, be the first app to implement arrow keys!

They even could be all four side by side. There’s space enough in the bottom row to do it.

Thanks a lot in the name of all users!

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not for now  ·  AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

As mentioned in the comments, we are unable to provide this functionality at the moment due to iOS limitations. We encourage interested parties to send feedback to Apple on this matter.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) commented  · 

This is exactly it. We started out with a plan to do just this, but Apple does not provide "move up" or "move down" in their API that we can use. Nor does it even let us move the cursor to the previous or next row with the left/right API.

I would encourage you to pass your request on to Apple, for example at: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

We have already done so ourselves, but the more folks they hear it from, the better the chance they'll implement it.

• Christian commented  · 

I come to believe, that it’s due to some iOS restrictions that no one does this. Too bad!

Feedback and Knowledge Base