How can we make PadKeys better?

Please make swipe feature more accurate

Love the keyboard features, but what makes it hard for me to use is the inaccurate swipe function. I end up trying multiple times and after a while I have to give up and type instead.
I would love to use this keyboard for the complete keyboard it has, but the inaccurate swipe feature makes me go back to free keyboards instead.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lorenzo Statie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    will do  ·  AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

Word swipe in PadKeys is good enough for many users and certainly better than keyboards such as the system default that don’t have it at all. It also needs to be understood it will always seem worse than other keyboards on the same device simply because the keys are smaller.

We continue to work on improving word swipe incrementally. The next release will bring significant improvement in certain respects, and we will not stop there.

Please vote for this issue if it is important to you, so we can prioritize accordingly.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the feedback so far. Adding some specifics like device and language could help us better understand if swipe is working more poorly for some use cases than others. But even better would be to send a short video snippet.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Feel free to post it here or open a ticket and send it privately. It would really help us zoom in on where the problems are. Thanks!

• Lorenzo Statie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I keep tying out the app, I noticed that if I swipe quite slowly, the process is more accurate.
        Just as an FYI to you.
        I use padkeys mostly on my iPhone X, but I also use it on my iPad.

• Lorenzo Statie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your continued support for the swipe feature.
        If this helps, I mostly type/swipe in Spanish.
        And you are right, the smaller size of the keys in PadKeys, will certainly make swiping more challenging.
        I hope you are able to increase the swipe accuracy in time, since this keyboard is the most complete, feature wise, for my taste.

Feedback and Knowledge Base