How can we make PadKeys better?

Create an iPad-like keyboard for the iPhone XS Max

Considering an iPhone XS Max is much larger, could you please create the keyboard’s keys to be bigger (even if it takes up more of the screen). Just like how the iPad Mini, or iPad Air’s keyboard looks like in landscape mode. That way we’d be able to touch type.

Notice the keyboard in the attachment. (Please ignore the fact that it is a screenshot from an iPad Air).

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Allen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    input requested  ·  AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

Hi,

I’ve added screenshots from the simulator of how PadKeys looks on the XS Max in regular and short modes. Are you saying you would want a setting where the keyboard becomes taller than it already is in “regular” mode? (Note: we don’t have any control over the width.)

Thanks.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm willing to pay (up to $100) to get this implemented!!!

Please let me know the price (or if it'll cost more than $100), and your PayPal address; and I'll send the money over.

P.S. Alternatively, let me know your email, so we may discuss this further. I'd love to hear what you think :)

Could you please add a setting where the keyboard (only in landscape mode) becomes taller than it already is in "regular" mode.

Note: only the letter keys need to be taller (see screenshot).

I think only the iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone XS Max would be able to support "tall" mode.

P.S. If you're unable to allow this on only larger iPhone models, perhaps add a caution saying "Enable this setting on Plus-size iPhone models only!"

Only the following iPhone models (excluding iPhone XR, I think) would be able to support this 'taller' mode, due to their wider screen displays (or taller in the case of 'landscape mode').

Here are the screen widths (or heights in the case of 'landscape mode'):
        iPhone 6 Plus (3.06"/77.8mm), iPhone 7 Plus (3.07"/77.9mm), iPhone 8 Plus (3.07"/78.1mm), iPhone XS Max (3.05"/77.4mm), iPhone XR (2.98"/75.5mm)

Yes. By creating another mode, called "tall" or "long" mode.

Like in the following image:
        http://www.image-share.com/upload/3839/76.png

Note: only the letter keys need to be taller

Also, please keep the spacing between (above and below) the keys exactly the same as 'regular' mode, or you may reduce the spacing (above and below) if you'd like.

Update: Could you please instead, just add a press-hold button (called "long mode"). Or add a setting which toggles the current 'short mode' button into a 'long mode' button. So when you activate 'long mode', it makes all the keys bigger, more like square-looking iPad keys (like in my screenshot).

Actually could you implement this not just for the iPhone XS Max, but for all iPhones larger than 5.5"

Remember: only in landscape mode.

Many thanks for all your hard work!!!

The keys should only be bigger in landscape mode. Portrait mode can remain as is.

Feedback and Knowledge Base