How can we make PadKeys better?

Swipe options

I would love to see 1) an option to disable swipe input and 2) an option to swipe/hold certain keys to input its alternate shift character.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin BergKevin Berg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    input requested  ·  PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

Regarding (1), is there a reason you’d like to disable it? If it’s something like it is triggering accidentally sometimes when you don’t mean to swipe, we’d rather fix that than add another option for users to worry about. Give us the details of when the wrong thing is happening and we’ll get on it.

As far as (2), many of the keys have press-and-hold menus. The ones that have it are shown with a dot in the upper-left when option is pressed. Are there particular entries you’d like to see added to certain keys?

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) commented  · 

Ah, OK. One thing we've done before is to make PadKeys behave a certain way when a certain accessibility setting is on. Are there any settings you have on that PadKeys could check and disable swipe if they are set?

• Kevin BergKevin Berg commented  · 

1) I'm physically disabled and use my iPad Pro with a head-pointer. My head is usually pretty stable,but sometimes it activates the swipe input when I don't want it (actually, I never want it).

2) I'm talking about on the primary keyboard, not the one that appears when you tap the option key. For example, it would be nice to swipe up on the "1" key and have it type the "!".

Feedback and Knowledge Base