How can we make PadKeys better?

Alternate compressed key layout

Using Pages in landscape view, there is only a small workspace left. Suggestions to solve this: an alternate bit more compressed key layout with the same measurement as iPad Apple original keys. An unsolved problem is the autocorrect function. I think only Apple is allowed to integrate it into the function bar...

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not for now  ·  AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

Hello,

Unfortunately providing the extra row of keys prevents us from offering as short of a layout as the system keyboard, without compromising ergonomics.

What we DO recommend is to turn off Apple’s shortcut bar by selecting the system keyboard, then holding down your finger on the Globe key, and then sliding to and releasing over the “Shortcuts” switch. This will leave you with only slightly less room then the default system keyboard, since our own shortcut bar is shorter than Apple’s.

Unfortunately Apple does not provide us access to use the system bar ourselves, so we have added Paste and Undo/Redo buttons to our own bar and recommend turning the system bar off as just described. You will lose the extra “toolbar” functionality Apple offers in some of its own apps, however until Apple offers third-party access to the bar, this is a limited loss. And once they provide it, we will take advantage of it.

We suggest letting Apple know this is an issue for you, since hearing directly from end-users will enhance the likelihood that improved facilities are offered to app developers.

Thank you.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)