• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen F FergusonStephen F Ferguson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

It’s there (though maybe needs documenting). Double-tap the shift key to activate caps-lock, tap again to deactivate.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) commented  · 

Hi,

The dark lock icon in dark keyboard mode is a bug. We will fix it.

As for the timing, after some experimentation here, it seems the system keyboard (on iOS 8 at least) has the same timing as PadKeys. In fact that's probably where we got it from. SwiftKey lets you be a bit slower, but both it and Swype have a bug where if you type shift, then a letter, then shift again quickly, it puts you into caps lock. We will have to examine how easy it would be to increase the timing while avoiding this problem.

• Stephen F FergusonStephen F Ferguson commented  · 

I am still having trouble with caps lock. It is as if I can't double tap the shift key fast
        enough. The little lock picture doesn't come on. If I do get it the lock picture comes
        on and caps lock works fine. Also I am using the dark keyboard layout and the
        lock picture is hard to see. It would be better if the lock picture was white like the
        keys.

I like the keyboard. The only problem I have with it is the double tap of the shift
        key. I have been using the swiftkey keyboard and the apple standard keyboard.
        Both of them work fine with caps lock. I think it is a timing problem for me with the
        PadKeys keyboard. Maybe it could be addressed with a update?
        Thanks Steve

Feedback and Knowledge Base