How can we make PadKeys better?

A top row switch key

I noticed that we have two backspaces which is kind of unnecessary in my opinion. What if that backspace key on the bottom left was replaced by a key that you can use to switch between the numeric top row and the shortcut bar for all your copying and pasting needs? I personally find it a pretty nifty idea and I wonder what you think about it.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SahriSahri shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    input requested  ·  PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

Hi,

Well, some people DO like having the forward delete, but it’s not for everyone so we have thought about making that a customizable key. But for now we’ve been holding off in the name of keeping things simple.

As far as the shortcut bar, we are unfortunately not able to access or turn on/off Apple’s own shortcut bar. However in the next PadKeys version we will be including undo, redo, and paste buttons in our own suggestions bar. We hope this will make it more feasible for iOS 9 users to turn the Apple shortcut bar off completely to gain the extra space. (And of course iOS 8 users will benefit from the functionality which isn’t available at all otherwise.)

Other peoples’ thoughts are welcome.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)