How can we make PadKeys better?

Can PadKeys run on an iPhone (cut down a bit), I really just need the number row

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    not for now  ·  AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

We built a prototype for the iPhone, but it was clear that it needed some refinement to meet the standard set by the iPad version. We launched a Kickstarter campaign to gauge interest, to obtain funds to support the development, and to gather a community of beta users to guide us.

However, the poor results of that campaign indicated that either the idea is not a good one, or that we are not capable of presenting and marketing it to the right audience to generate sufficient interest. With regrets, we’ll have to shut down this effort for now. We will continue to focus on making PadKeys the best keyboard available on the iPad.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Is it possible to only make this available for larger iphones?

• dale commented  · 

Would it be a specific iPhone version or a universal version?

• dale commented  · 

I would also love to have it on my iPhone 6. Is there a reason that would force you to go back to the 4s?

Could you not say your support starts with the iPhone 5?

• AdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) commented  · 

We would like to do this, however the problem is Apple will not allow us to target only the 6 plus. We would have to support all the way back to the 4S (first one that can run iOS 8), and the experience of using the keyboard on those smaller screens would not be good.

We'll work on improving the experience on iPhone as other priorities allow us, and if it gets to be good enough we will then release an iPhone version.

• Geoff Costello commented  · 

Most large screen Android phones have keyboards with an optional numeric special key row and it would be great to have the same option for the large screen iPhones. So pleaae consider porting this to the iPhone as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base