How can we make PadKeys better?

Can PadKeys run on an iPhone (cut down a bit), I really just need the number row

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    will do  ·  PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) responded  · 

Good news: we now have a prototype version up and running on the iPhone! However, we don’t feel that it’s good enough yet to release. PadKeys is among the best and highest quality keyboards available on the iPad, and we want the iPhone version to meet the same standard. So we’ve launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to fund final development and also build our beta user base for feedback on the usability and design.

https://kickstarter.com/projects/1073999150/padkeys-keyboard-for-iphone

Please consider backing us. PadKeys costs about the same as a cup of coffee, but delivers many hours of typing pleasure. :-) The additional funds will aid development in several areas for the keyboard, and we’ll provide immediate beta access to the iPhone version to all backers above a certain amount.

And please share the Kickstarter with anyone you know who might be interested in a better typing experience on their iPhone.

Thanks!

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • daledale commented  · 

Would it be a specific iPhone version or a universal version?

• daledale commented  · 

I would also love to have it on my iPhone 6. Is there a reason that would force you to go back to the 4s?

Could you not say your support starts with the iPhone 5?

• PadKeysAdminPadKeys (Support, PadKeys) commented  · 

We would like to do this, however the problem is Apple will not allow us to target only the 6 plus. We would have to support all the way back to the 4S (first one that can run iOS 8), and the experience of using the keyboard on those smaller screens would not be good.

We'll work on improving the experience on iPhone as other priorities allow us, and if it gets to be good enough we will then release an iPhone version.

• Geoff CostelloGeoff Costello commented  · 

Most large screen Android phones have keyboards with an optional numeric special key row and it would be great to have the same option for the large screen iPhones. So pleaae consider porting this to the iPhone as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base