Support Forum

How can we make PadKeys better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Hide PadKeys topbar with autocorrect on

I like to use autocorrect to make sure I get spelling correct but I don't always need predictive text and I'm a fan of the built-in topbar.
    Would it be possible to add an option to hide the PadKeys topbar without disabling autocorrect? Also, a switch for swipe input would be good, not that it activates by accident but it'd be nice to have that as an option.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We will add this as an additional autocorrect level setting, “Corrections only”, as opposed to the current “Suggestions only”.

• Replace word that cursor is in, rather than split the word

Firstly thanks for creating the first grown up keyboard for an iPad.

Right now if you position the cursor in the middle of a mispelt word the keyboard proposes words based on the first part of the word and when you select one it splits the original word into two, replacing the first part of the word with the new one. It would be better if it considered the whole word and replaced the whole word with the new one, like most other 3rd party keyboards do. This could either be a standard feature or an option of you think…

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thank you for the suggestion. It makes sense and we will schedule it for a future release.

(I hadn’t realized third-party keyboards did things this way, probably because it’s difficult to end up in the middle of a word without cursor keys.)

UPDATE: We haven’t implemented this yet mainly because we haven’t found any other keyboards / autocorrect implementations that work this way, and we’re worried it will clash with most users’ expectations. If anyone has any examples to point out to us, that might help. Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Support Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base